Monday, June 4, 2012

Slowdive-Just For A Day



Artist: Slowdive
Album: Just For A Day (1991)
Genre: Shoegaze
Country: Sweden

1. Spanish Air
2. Celia's Dream
3. Catch The Breeze
4. Ballad of Sister Sue
5. Erik's Song
6. Waves
7. Brighter
8. The Sadman
9. Primal

:: I'm posting this album because it's very meaningful to me. It takes me back to a time when we would smoke fine fine herbs and lay in a dark room and drift off to sleep to them almost every night. They have influenced my listening ear profoundly. I've had to of listened to this album over 100 times, no exaggeration. Tracks that stand out the most to me are "Spanish Air" and "Primal". If I were to recommend a shoegaze band this would be it. Check out their other albums "Pygmalion", and "Souvlaki". Excellent work on every album. "Pygmalion" is a trippy record so don't shroom or anything on first listening. I can post their other albums if you want, just message.
ENJOY!

Download


No comments:

Post a Comment