Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Pestilent Decay - Demo (2012)


Artist: Pestilent Decay
Album: Demo 2012
Genre: Death Metal, Grindcore, Instrumental
Country: Toronto, Ontario
Facebook

1. The Gauntlet of Decampment
2. Mutation Worship
3. Heretic's Fork
4. Apotemnophilia

Band Submission

*Content sigh* I like this. This sort of reminds me of what I wanted to make when I started my solo project. This guy's songs blast. 16-year-old Michael Carnovale does not give you any rest in between chugging and shredding. If you are a drum- or production-fanatic, you may notice how digital the drum machine is. There is still some ringing of a repetitive splash cymbal in my ear. But I feel that the beyond-human drumming adds to the vibe of the genre. However, I would not lump this guy with other cybergrind bands. The riff-work is catchy, making up for the temporary lack of vocals, and the tone is not bad either. I am looking forward to hearing more from Pestilent Decay as he grows musically and perhaps starts to add vocals. Maybe he will get a full band and tour the continent? I can picture it happening. There is a lot of brutal potential here.

Download

Download/Listen

No comments:

Post a Comment