Monday, April 16, 2012

Archers and Arrows (2011)


Artist: Archers and Arrows
Album: Archers and Arrows
Genre: Punk, Post hardcore
Country: Switzerland
Facebook
Tumblr
Merch

01.It's so Cool, We Will Die All Together
02.The Support
03.Swan Song
04.Truncated Humanism
05.The Young Carpetbaggers

Band Submission

Well this band was a pleasant surprise this morning. I was expecting another metalcore band but what I got was yelling, singing, and pleasing guitar chords. There aren't many other genres to describe this other than punk, but this is not hardcore punk from the 80's. I always called music like this happy hardcore, a term I first saw used by the Angry Samoans. Upbeat songs, optimistic guitar chords and progressions, and appropriate singing. The best part about it, in my opinion, is the singing is not coming from some smooth-voiced prepubescent boy, but from a guy shouting his song with passion and energy while still carrying a catchy melody. I guess you could also call this pop punk, but I don't want to lump it into that bland category. This Swiss band is playing with a style filled with clones of the past but still keeping it fresh with honest musicianship. I recommend it, and might buy a physical copy if the shipping isn't too outrageous.

Listen

Download

No comments:

Post a Comment